James Anderson is set to walk away from Test cricket this summer. The 41-year-old, his country’s leading wicket taker in red-ball cricket with 700, has reportedly made the decision following talks with Brendan McCullum.
According to the Guardian, the England coach travelled from his home in New Zealand to meet Anderson face-to-face. He’s said to have informed him of his intentions to build for the away Ashes tour in 2025/26 without the fast bowler.
MORE TO FOLLOW
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit:
Follow us on Twitter @dexpress_sport – the official Daily Express & Express.co.uk Twitter account – providing real news in real time.
We’re also on Facebook @dailyexpresssport – offering your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day to like, comment and share from the Daily Express, Sunday Express and Express.co.uk.
Michael Atherton says England must weigh up the potential risk to their Ashes chances if they hand Ben Stokes the captaincy in one
So, the feelgood factor has suddenly disappeared from English cricket. The waves of positivity that engulfed players and fans alike during Brendan McCullum’s
In 1973, Lynne Thomas became the first woman to score a One-Day International century for England.Since then, 22 other women have
Just over a decade ago Hazell, a canny off-spinner and handy lower-order batter, was one of 18 players selected to become the country’s first full-time, full