A Russian missile touted as the “world’s deadliest weapon” failed to launch for the fourth time on Saturday, exploding as it was being refuelled at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome 500 miles north of Moscow.
Satellite images showed that the nuclear-capable Sarmat RS-28 missile, nicknamed “Satan-2”, left a crater on the launchpad, with damage visible to surrounding roads and buildings.
“The missile detonated in the silo, leaving a massive crater and destroying the test site,” said MeNMyRC, an open-source investigation project.
Four fire engines photographed at the test site had been “responding to a forest fire” that was probably linked to the failed launch, the project added.
“The Sarmat is a liquid-fuelled missile so this accident could have occurred separate from the actual launch activity,” it said.
The Times focuses, external on Donald Trump's latest comments about the war in Ukraine. Its headline quotes the US president, who said Vladimir Putin was "doing
7 March 2025, 17:31 | Updated: 7 March 2025, 18:06 'This could end in Worl
The weather is expected to quickly change after a spell of sunshineThe Met Office has warned that "colder weather is on the way."(Image: Liverpool ECHO)It is fo
The Turkish-tinged creation by Boghall Butchers - which is celebrating its 50th year in business - won through in the newly-formed fusion category, which also f