In a statement released through Connacht, Hansen said he “let my emotions get the better of me” following the Leinster game.
“Upon reflection, my comments to the media were ill-advised, and fell far short of the standards I expect of myself, and what the sport expects of its players,” he said.
“I want to offer an apology to the match officials for any distress my comments may have caused. Our games are built on mutual respect and I didn’t show that after the game.
“I also want to apologise to the URC, and I fully accept the findings of the independent disciplinary panel.
“I love Connacht, and I love rugby. Moving forward, I will channel all my energy and passion into representing my province and country to the absolute best of my ability – both on and off the field.”
Hansen has been one of Ireland’s standout performers since breaking into the team in 2022, scoring 13 tries in 27 caps, but missed last year’s Six Nations because of injury.
The news will be welcomed by Ireland interim head coach Simon Easterby, who has lost Tom O’Toole for the England and Scotland games following the Ulster prop’s six-game ban for a dangerous clearout in last month’s match with Munster.
The iconic Royal Albert Hall has hosted pugilism for over a century, welcomed key political figures and showcased musical superstars.On Friday evening, a women'
Ryan Searle set up a showdown with world champion Luke Littler and Mike De Decker booked a reunion with world No 1 Luke Humphries
A Sky Sports presenter has revealed she has a brain infection after battling cancer.Emma Saunders, who works as a presenter and match day reporter for Sky, was
'I want to go back to Wales'published at 23:37 Greenwich Mean Time 7 March23:37 GMT 7 MarchPrice beats Jonas by unanimous decisionLauren Price speaking to Sky S