Various shops and buildings in Regent Street, in central London, were evacuated on Wednesday, January 8, in light of an alleged bomb threat.
A section of the busy area was cordoned off by officers after police rushed to the road. The cordon was in place between Conduit Street and Vigo Street, MyLondon reports.
A video shared on the social media platform X shows dozens of people in the street near the police cordon, with a police vehicle parked just outside the area and officers in attendance.
An office worker claimed to MyLondon that he had been informed about the alleged threat at about 1.10pm on Wednesday, and was told to evacuate the building some eight minutes later.
Westminster Police officers investigated “a suspicious vehicle” and carried out a “number of controlled explosions” as a precautionary measure, a statement by the force said.
The force later added the incident was “stood down” after the vehicle was “found to be non-suspicious”.
THIS IS A LIVE BLOG. FOLLOW OUR UPDATES BELOW.
Although some Reddit users who commented on the photo of the scales were positive with one saying "they are 10x more convenient and faster", many were more crit
A beloved high-street shop will close its doors after 20 years in business, coming as a "huge loss" to loyal customers. Simply Baby in Lancaster announced on We
Tesco is trialling a new checkout feature (Picture: Alex Segre/UCG/Universal Images Group via Getty Images) Tesco shoppers in Gateshead might no
The stars of the show will be at Bluewater Shopping Centre on Saturday, March 22, and Sunday, March 23, for an "action-packed immersive experience". The